2020 FVD President's Award Winner
Ron Anderson, President Dentalaire
Recipient of the 2020 FVD President’s Award
- Ron began his career and commitment to veterinary dentistry approximately 30 years ago, partnering with former President of Dentalaire, John Voskuhl.
- Began his involvement with the Veterinary Dental Forum with Dentalaire as one of the original ten vendors who exhibited at the annual meeting.
- Was appointed to the Board of the original Foundation for Veterinary Dentistry as the only member representing industry.
- Began focusing on support of humane societies with donations of equipment and on-site training through the Make Me Smile Program (MMSP), a Foundation for Veterinary Dentistry Sub-Committee of the Outreach Committee.
- First shelter program working with Board-Certified Veterinary Dentists that included on-site training and equipment donation conducted at the Martinez Animal Shelter in Contra Costa County, CA in 2013.
- Since that date, there have been seven shelter programs conducted throughout the country with generous equipment donations.
- Due to COVID restrictions, have limited travel to California with updating donated equipment along with training to be conducted at Canine Companions for Independence Veterinary Clinic Santa Rosa, CA. Canine Companions is a non-profit organization that places assistance dogs to the disabled community.
- To date, equipment donations number approximately 60 dental machines and twenty imagine systems donated.
To quote Ron: “With my passion for all dogs and cats, I have been fortunate enough to fall into something that I love, along with being able to work with dedicated veterinarians. It has been personally gratifying to me.”